New Year, New Name? : Updates and Changes Coming to 2014
A brand new year will be upon us before we know it and you know what that means. New year’s resolutions as well as people deciding that it’s time for a change. That’s what we’re doing… sort of.
During the next month or so, hopefully, we will be rolling out a lot of small but noticeable changes to our Tumblr site as well as our affiliated social networks. The following is a list of what we plan to change:
- New Name - We’ve repeatedly had conversations with friends on this subject because, indeed, there are many other church youth groups in our small town of Atlantic. We will be making the switch to another, yet still uncreative, name… AGCyouthgroup. This change will be applied to our Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, and Tumblr handles.
- New URL - In the bullet point above, I say that the change will apply to our Tumblr handle / URL… and it will, sort of. Our new base URL will become agcyouthgroup.tumblr.com, but the final URL will become youth.atlanticgospelchapel.com. This way, our blog can be more associated with our church’s website.
- New Logo / Avatar - Our current logo is getting a slight makeover. It will still look the same, it just won’t say the same thing. This change will be found anywhere we currently display our “logo”… which means I have a lot of photoshop work to do to replace all those photos. We will also be creating a new avatar (profile picture) to use across all of our social media profiles.
- Bye Bye Hashtag - Right now, in the right hand sidebar of our blog, there is a twitter hashtag button that says, “#AtlYouthGroup.” In case it wasn’t obvious enough… NO ONE USES IT… including us. We’ve used it occasionally, but not a lot. So that will be going away and we won’t be replacing it with a new one either.
- Additional Admins - I, Josh Schorle, have been in charge of managing the content and design of this site for my last 2 years of high school as well as my first semester of college. It’s time for me to pass the torch, at least some of it, on to someone else. So there will be not one, but TWO admins (my sister and I) managing content and other small details of this site by the time we enter the new year.
Well, there ya go. Check back here periodically over the next month to see what all has been changed.